Friday, October 30, 2009

it's time to shake it now

It's been a busy few months. I've been trying to figure out a few things in my life, but unfortunately it seems that these things don't want to be figured
out yet. Oh well. There's a time and place for everything. But I feel I'm ready for a significant change in life now. Could be a change of place, could
be a change of occupation, or could simply be a change of attitude, or perhaps all of the mentioned. But I'm ready for something different. Something new
and challenging. There is this desire to do something that is fullfilling, to do something that gives me a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. Doesn't
have to be a financial gain (though that's always good!), but to do something that I can look back upon and say "Damn, I did good!". But this enthusiasm
of doing something has in the past always been very short-lived. I get sucked into the daily routine of things and these thoughts get pushed to the back
of my mind.

Ever felt that the world is moving forward and you're still stuck in the same place? I guess that's what I'm feeling of late. Is this what it's like to
be getting old? Or is this what it means to be getting used to what life has dealt you? Perhaps I'm in my comfort zone and haven't ventured out for a while,
but the thing is, i'm uncomfortable in my comfort zone. Or perhaps I've become comfortable in my uncomfortable zone. I dunno. But whatever the case is,
it's been a struggle for far too long.

It's time to *seriously* shake things up around here.

2 comments:

shanaya said...

oh, gosh.
what a writer you are, by reading these few words, even i've started thinking about changing myself a bit.
ok, so let's shake it together then.

tamanna talvar said...

hmm, nice thoughts, nice appropriate choice of words, impressive.