Wednesday, March 3, 2010

farewell

Well, it finally came the moment I had been waiting for… - my farewell from college of my graduation. (the one where I’ve learnt psychology and other subjects, software engeneering is still awaited from a different college).
Yeah, it was my farewell today.
It's almost unbearable, but I’m extremely jubilant because I’m finally moving on, but I can't help myself from reminiscing about the good times with my friends and thinking about how much i’ll miss everything I had here.
All those moments of pulling professor’s leg, completing assignments together, doing practicals in lab, and whole lot are still immaculate on the brain, but the time has come to miss the things that I’ve lived.
I spent a whole lot of fun time learning psychology and other things in this college, it was just an awesome experience and I am not able to admit how can these 3 years can complete that early.

now that it's gone. And maybe I having some regrets too. Perhaps I could have tried a little harder or been a little friendlier,
As I look back on my past experiences I will often have these thoughts, but I think I must not dwell on them.
I must learn from my mistakes and apply what I’ve learned. There are an infinite amount of opportunities in life, and the life has just begun.
Now, We all will get spread in different corners of world, different areas of works, different sets of vicinities, and it’s all going to be change now.
There will be new things to achieve, new challenges to face, new people to meet, and new places to work/study.
While I’m excited for the new upcoming things in my life, I’m sad at the same time for leaving behind something incredible.
It’s a mix bag of emotions, so some expressions of reminding old memories have seeped in the form of poetry.
Here is a hindi poem that I’ve composed for the farewell function held this morning.
It is dedicated to all my friends who have taught me the mean of friendship, shared all sorts of moments with me, and helped me out in different situations of my college life.
Of course I’m not a poet, so what you can least expect from it is a bad poem, but regardless of the bad rhyming, it’s sure that the feelings are entirely genuine.
Remember, it was said by oscar wild,
“All bad poetry springs from genuine feelings”.



kuchh log jo ankhon men rahe dil men rahenge ab,
bas jagah badal rahi hai koi doori nahi hai,
ham aap se mil na sakenge jab dil chahe milna,
faslon ke baad bhi magar mazboori nahi hai.

Jin baaton ko lekar rote thhe
Aaj un par hansi aati hai ,
Na jaane kyon aaj un palon ki yaad bahut aati hai,
Kaha karte thhe badi mushkil se itne saal sah gaya
Par aaj kyon lagta hai ki kuchh pichhe reh gaya,
chahat to bahut hai ki rok loon is waqt ko
Chahaten magar poori ho zaroori nahi hai,
ham aap se mil na sakenge jab dil chahe milna,
faslon ke baad bhi magar mazboori nahi hi.

woh baat baat men aapka meri taang khincha karna
Sirf sir khane keliye mera peecha karna ,
woh do do rupye keliye bachchon sa ladna,
exams ke dino men raat raat bhar padna,
Yoon to ye sabh kuchh ab bhi chalega
Magar aapki kami kaun poori karega,
Raaton me hoga aapki yaadon ka andhera,
Roshan ho raaten zaroori nahi hai,
ham aap se mil na sakenge jab dil chahe milna,
faslon ke baad bhee magar mazboori nahi hai.

KAUN mere bag se bina poochhe chocolate khaega
Kaun mere naye naye naam banayega,
Kaun fail hone par dilasa dilayega
kaun pass hone par gale se lagayega,
Yoon to karunge ab bhi ham galti
Magar hamko koi danta na karega,
Na jane kaisi hogi zindagi aapke bina,
Humne to woh tasveer bhi ukeri nahi hai,
ham aap se mil na saken jab dil chahe milna,
faslon ke baad bhee magar mazboori nahi hai.

gaano se mere pareshaan kaun hoga,
muje kisi ladki se baat karte dekh hairaan kaun hoga,
Kaun kahega ki tere joke pe hansi nahin aai,
Kaun peeche se bula ke kahega..Aage dekh bhai,
Na jaane ye sabh fir kab hoga,
Keh do doston ye dobaara sabh hoga,
jhoonta hi sahi magar vaada to kardo,
poore ho vade zaroori nahi hai,
ham aap se mil na sakenge jab dil chahe milna
faslon ke baad bhee magar mazboori nahi hai.

9 comments:

Gunjan Singh said...

yes you are right. but you know, life goes on further and every one of us has to move on with it. if we don't we'll lose some more gaining moments of it.regaining the past in physicle is not necessory.the thing that matters is which you have learnt from the lived time. so with a jovial mood move on.

aaliya said...

hey, bad poem? god, it brought tears in my eyes. what an emotional poem that you've written. hey, you're an awsome chap. i'm still striving to discover, what else can you do? what a multy dynamic person you are.

aditi said...

hmm, amazing! what a fantastic poem. perfect rhyme scheme, simple, but great sellection of words, great way of execution, trust me, my eyes have got wet with the emotions transmited.
rightly said, the farewell is a mix bag of emotions, i can relate to it.

prateek agarwal said...

you are right, gunjan, Leaving the old memory behind and moving forward for new horizons is what the life meant for, so we all had to accept it at the end.

raeman said...

oh, what a post, what a poem!

sanjay said...

fantastic poem, mate! you're a great poet

Anonymous said...

hey prateek, getting good comments! now aren't you glad? good going chap.

roshni said...

wow! you're a poet as well, i'm amazed to know. what else you know, man, i'm tired of discovering the various colours of your personality, you haven't left anything.

farheen said...

amazing poem, prateek!
gosh, you're such a wonder man.