Sunday, July 12, 2009

i'm not a hacker

The number of hackers has radically augmented too much in past few years.
At least one hacking allied news can be found everyday in the technology section of newspapers.
Does it means technology is getting flimsy?
Does it means techno engeneers are not skilled?
Does it means hacking is very unfussy?
Probably not, but where on one hand technology experts are relentlessly trying to fabricate more secure and reliable softwares/ hardwares, there is a number of people who have resoluted to crack them in any case.
situation is getting too much startling day by day. Cracks can be found before official releases, IP addresses are getting in use in illogical operations, money is getting transfer illicitly, official data is going in the wrong hands, confidential informations/ matters are getting drip, etc, etc, etc.
yes it’s a matter to ponder, why I am talking about so sensitive matter today?
Well, answer is simple, that todays anecdote is somehow related to that.
Though time is not a comrade of a programmer, but sometimes situations fetches liberated moments which leads him to embark new things. Somehow similar ensued with me.
Once, after checking and signing out of my mails, a mischief came to my mind. In the e-mail edit box of signing in window, I entered the e-mail ID of my friend.
Next was password. I was aware that I don’t know it, but thought to give it a try.
Why? Well, I already told that I had leasure time, so mind was drumming some mischievous ideas. Yes they were dissolute, but oh my impish mind!
Hmm, it was my exam to guess something logical, something evocative, something identical, something substantial, or, something that may unlock his account and prove my mind the superior one.
While thinking, many things came in my way like his name, his father’s name, his girlfriend’s name, his first school, etc.
Even I tried them all, but nothing worked.
I was about to leave the skirmish since it was proving a great deal for me, suddenly a fantastic idea striked to me.
I have observed, that my friend use to say “ok” very offen.
Whether it’s good or bad, happy or sad, concur or diverge, cheery or lament, actually in every situation, I’ve observed him saying “ok”.
I thought, “can ok may be his password”?
“no, I think.”
“why he’ll keep such a general thing as password?”
whatever, I determined to try this also.
Oh my goodness, it worked!
His inbox was flattering my eyes, and the success was flattering my heart.
I knew that whatever I have done is called hacking, and it’s a crime according to law.
I knew it was bluff with my friend, and it may ruin our nice friendship.
Since things had already done, there was nothing more to do.
Though I could not gather the courage to tell him truth, but I promised from my self that I’ll never open his account in future.
Though noone else knew this apart from me, but I was shouting in alone
“I am not a hacker,”
“I am not a hacker,”
“I am not a hacker.”

No comments: