Sunday, July 12, 2009

a night that changed my life

you might be amazed to read the title “ a night that changed my life”.
Yes, it was a night that proved turning point for me.
It was a night which gave me the feeling of reincarnation.
It was a night which was out of the ordinary.
The year was 2007 and date was 12th june.
I remember the date exactly, because it was the birth day of my best friend utkarsh.
It was heat all around, and whole india was burning in hot season.
As I told that it was the birth day of my best friend, I was busy in the preparations of birth day party which he and his family was going to give to all
his friends.
Whole day passed in preparations and partying, but actual action was yet to come.
Now, here comes the night of which I’am talking about.
When party got over and my driver tried to start the car, oh, the back tire was puncher.
As it was around 10:30 pm, there was no chance of getting mechanic.
The only and best alternative was to stay at my friends house, and that’s what I did.
In fact, me and utkarsh was going to sleep in same room. We did so.
There was contradictory situations with us that utkarsh was feeling very sleepy, but I was not at all feeling so.
He slept in next few moments, but for me it was not possible at that time.
After moving here and there on bed for 5 minutes, I decided to take a walk of house.
While walking, I heard a strange sound.
“what’s this?”
After bit more concentration, I discovered that it was a sound of
Moving paper of a book.
“book? Who is reading book at 12:30 at night?”
Without thinking anything else, I started to follow the voice.
The voice was coming from harish uncle’s (utkarsh’s father’s” room.
Before I could knock dore or say anything, he saw me and said “come in sun”
I asked While entering in the room, “uncle, what are you doing?”
He said: “I was writing diary”.
Oh, fantastic, here let me tell that harish uncle use to talk very litil, so that I was amazed “what he writes in dyry?”
Wanted to ask, but I knew that it’s not good to look inside of someone’s personal life.
Before I could say anything, uncle said “sun, writing dyry is one of my old hobbies. This is my very own friend since I was all alone in the world”.
I got shocked. “all alone?”
Uncle continued, “yes, you might not knowing my sun, I am a nonparented child”
“then? How you built your life so well?” I asked with curiousness.
Actually, he was a very rich man, and it was hard to believe that a nonparrented can achieve that much.
Uncle said, “it’s all because of my good fortune and hardwork.”
I was kind of a mad now. Just wanted to know on any cost that how he did all that.
I said, “uncle, please tell your whole story of success”
Uncle agreed, and here is what he told.
“I was around 11-12 years old at that time. I used to live in child care home. Once, when I was standing on road, suddenly I saw that several people are
coming to me with sticks in their hands. I was stunned, that why they have sticks have I done anything wrong? When they came more closer I got to know
that a thhaila wala who was standing just in frunt of me had blamed that I have stolen his 20 rupees. Hard to believe, but all they got convinced by him.
They came more closer, and started to abuse and beat me.
Though I have said so many times that I haven’t stolen anything, but nobody listens to a poor child.
The incidence strucked me a lot and I said in innocence to that thhaila wala that one day I will make a hotel just in frunt of your thhaila.
Every one laughed and forgot, but not me. I started doing hard work from that day. I worked in dhhabas for approximate 24 hours of day. After few years
I started my own thhaila. Then a few years after my own dhhaba, and then a hotel.
You know, Right now I have 3 hotels in jaipur city.”
I was breathless after this rousing story.
In fact, I had no words. It was 2:45 am, and still enough dark in sky, but a sun of hope had already rised for my life.
I made my way to the room without saying any word.
Again I was on bed but could not sleep further because this time I was filled with inspirations. I was saluting his determination, and in this way this
mysterious night ended.
Next morning, I was feeling a change in my self, and all that was because of last night which drastically changed my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

humm, really really inspiring!