Tuesday, July 28, 2009

my take on cars and bikes advertisements

Have you seen the Honda Jazz ad? The man puts a cactus in his car so he can gift his girlfriend the flower growing on it, and then they leave the plant
by the roadside. What are they trying to say? Let's spoil the environment for fun? Let's go burn more oil?

Oh, but maybe I'm being too serious here, and there's a joke I didn't get.*

On the subject of ads, I hate most car and bike ads. They are full of machoist posturing and usually imply that the right bike will help you 'get the girls'.
But there have been two two-wheeler ads lately that I love.

The first one is of Hero Honda Passion Pro. It builds a story around one benefit: the bike starts easily. They do talk about 'style' in the voiceover, though. Lovely
jingle, too.

The other one is for TVS Scooty Streak.
Aimed at women, it's funny and empowering. It's a nice dig at all the other bike commercials that have women wanting to ride pillion to demonstrate the
attractiveness of the bike.

I'm glad Hero Honda came up with a good ad for once. TVS Scooty, though, has been using Sania Mirza very well, I think!

*The tagline is "Why so serious?"

No comments: