Sunday, July 12, 2009

meri maa

Hmmm... Aren't you going to work today?"

"Errr... It's Sunday."

"I know. But why don't you go to work today?"

"Because it's..."

Okay, you get the drift. This is a typical Sunday conversation between Mom and Dad. They are one of those typical Indian couples where the wife pampers
the husband to the point where he can't do anything by himself, and then she complains that he can't do anything by himself. So on Sundays, when the whole
world is relaxing, Mom's work doubles. Every half an hour, Dad wants either the newspaper, or a glass of water, or his glasses, or his slippers, or the
remote control, and so on. And like all men, he is not equipped to see that all the stuff is right there in front of him.

And so the cycle continues, and so do Mom's brave attempts.

"Hmmm... why don't you go out and do some gardening?"

"It's mid-afternoon. It's hot."

"I know. But why don't you go out and do some gardening?"

"Because it's..."

so, what is special about?
This is in fact “ghar ghar ki kahani”, but my point is, just look at mom, dude, she works constantly, almost 24 hours, unless those 5-6 hours of sleep, what the hack.
All we gets a break, from our jobs, schools, colleges, and so on, but momma?
She even happens to be more strenuous on Sundays, and still she keeps the same smirk on her face.
Man, it starts from morning, when I demand for my favorite cheez sandwhiches, and seriously, she had never denyed.
Bro demands for some Chinese recepy, dad for some tipical Indian continental, then all we even having different choices for our soft drinks as well.
Hey, it doesn’t ends here, whether I’m arranging my old books, searching my old piano which used to be my favorite at a time, or even searching a pen to inscribe something, I can’t do without her help, and so as my bro, and dad as well.
Then, we raise our demands for evening snaks and dinner, (specially me, in case I’m not going for hangout for that day).
Therefore, she might be preparing while we are watching those all time favorite comidy movies on TV.
It follows, and I’m not sure, where it ends.
Gosh, look at her, I mean, just look her schedule. Works and works every day, and overwork on Sunday.
Now, what I need to say, is that those house wives who works 24/7, don’t they need a break?
Actually they do, not just physical, but mental as well.
Yeh, I have realized it pretty late, extremely sorry for that, but I have now decided that I’ll provide her a break from huge works she having for us.
What I’m gonna do, that I will at least try my level best to help her in kitchen in morning, and then, I’ll take her on a dinner on almost every Sunday evening.
In fact, can’t completely remove her work load, but hope this will somehow give her a freshness, relax, and so on.
then, at least to a level, i'll be able to say,
"yoon to mai dikhalata nahi, teri parvah karta hoo mai ma"..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very very nice artical. i think you are absolutely right! our mom has also wright to take rest?

Anonymous said...

very very nice artical. i think you are absolutely right! our mom has wright to take rest?