Thursday, September 10, 2009

still it teases me

Sometimes, it seems that all your astuteness is dead.
Mostly, it happens when you feel that nothing is working for you.
No no, neither I’m talking about love, nor frustration.
Even in general, when things stops working for you, you feel very disappointing.
Ah, it’s not strange, and probably it happens with every one.
Though Being a programmer, many times I feel similar situations. Sometimes, a very tiny mistake in my whole long code stucks like a huge hitch. I am sure
all the programmers will agree here, but what I am going to talk is not programming actually.


It was 13th October, and I was all set to give my exam of algorithm. Since our exams helds online, one needs to verify a link from his e-mail ID which was
been provided earlier while filling the form.
According to rules, one need to verify the link in 10 minutes of given time to appear in exam.


I was all set. When time triggered, the first step I had
to do was to open my e-mail account. Since I’ve verified my gmail account with them, I open
www.gmail.com
in my brouzer. Entered my username and password, and pressed sign in button.
Oh, oh, oh, it prompted “user name and password doesn’t match”
I was stunned. “doesn’t match?”
I’ve typed again, but result was same.
I was hundred percent sure that I haven’t forgot my password. Then?
“Is there any bloody problem with gmail’s server? But it might have produced any error message in case of any problem in database miss integrity.”
Ah, the 10 minutes limitation was plummeting every sec, and my heart was sincking at the same time.
“what the hack is this?”
Now, I got frustrated after typing again again and again.
It was only 1 minute left, and I was sure that thanks to my horrific luck, I’ll miss the chance of giving the exam.
This was an exam for which I’ve studied overnights, I left movies for several days, I circumvented the hangouts with friends, in short I’ve prepared so much,
so I was absolute ready and excited for the exam in a sense.
Never the less, now 10/ 15 seconds gone more, and it was 45 seconds remaining to verify the link.
Suddenly, a divine voice spoke to me.
“have you checked the caps lock?”
Hmm, I said it was divine voice, and you might have understood the problem ttoo.
Yes the caps lock was on, and I was typing the user name and password in big letters every time. I quickly fixed the problem, entered the username and password,
opened the mail, clicked link, and finally, at least I got the question paper for me.
The paper I found very easy, and I remember I’ve secured 94 percent marks in that exam. Though I was happy with the performance in exam, but this prior
incidence was agonizing me so much.
“man, as you are feeling proud after getting 94 percent marks in exam, but are you capable enough?”
“where was your whole brain while entering the username and password?”
“even you didn’t get meanwhile that caps on may be a reason?”
There were lots of questions which were teasing me, and I didn’t even had a single answer.
Even those questions embarrasses me until now, but it taught me a very important lesson, that
One should never complicate simple problems in life, they may certainly ruin the task.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are right man, some times its happened but i think that, we should not leav ur confidence right?

fun and knoledge said...

this fine. it also regularly happens for me. i think it is natural and we are victim of that situation but to avoid some thing we should tolerate, tolerate, tolerate and also be passionate.

fun and knoledge said...

some time we are less careful or very careless so it happens for us unfortunately in any case but to avoid some thing like that we have to be passionate and cool because becoming hurry and quick in such teasing moments we may lose more and more like valuable time, energy and so on. actually some time nature takes us to do so, really we dont' know the facts and reasons and truly never possible to be known like other universal happenings on this earth surface.

hay friends said...

you are a very very intelligent man.